Thread: anyone having problems choosing what game to play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default anyone having problems choosing what game to play?

i dont know if i should put this in classic or modern gaming, so i just picked one.

but after having a pretty large library of games, are other people having as much difficulty as me in choosing a game to play?

its like i have so many that ive been wanting to play, but i cant decide which to actually pursue... it sucks! someone pick for me.. haha

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Play EDF 2017

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8Ways2Tuesday's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've done everything from grabbing the first title in alphabetical order to putting a poll up on my livejournal.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

who DOESNT have this problem? my solution: dont play any of them, go out do something outside, or talk with people. im serious i havent played a single game in my collection in ages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sometimes. But right now the problem Is waiting for oblivion to arrive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

This is my dilemna EVERY SINGLE weekend. Modern games? Classic games? Actually try to finish something? I struggle with this man...I feel your pain. But, isn't this the ultimate sign we own too many games??
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    Isn't this the ultimate sign we own too many games??
    Yes.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go mountain biking! I have way too many quality games, and even though I love playing good games, each month I spend less and less time playing them. I hate to consider them a waste of time, but there are some great things to do outdoors that make me feel better in the end.

But if you must then scratch the itch that requires the most attention. Make a list of your top 10 games to tackle and get to it. You can't play the next until you beat your current game. Have online FAQ's handy (bookmarked) to limit frustration.
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I consider how much time I have in the near future and that will help me figure out how which game to play. More time = bigger game less = shorter game with levels that I can pick up and put down. Once I start a game unless I hate it I usually finish the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always seem to want to play something I don't own yet, even though I have tons of games in my collection I have not even touched. I just recently finished Okami and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and now I am having trouble deciding what to play next. I would like to play Phoenix Wright 2, Bully, or Twilight Princess but I don't own any of those games yet. Oh well. I will figure it out eventually. In the mean time I will probably just play Wii Sports here and there.

Trade List: http://gametz.com/user/Atarian75.html
    Last Game Finished: Earth Defense Force 2017 on Normal. 5/27/2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Be a little more decisive, remember that games take some patience. You cant just jolt through a game , some take hours to complete. Dedicate yourself to one game for a while after you finish it ,then pick something else you like .
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just play whatever sounds like fun. Playing games is like preparing a meal: if eggs sound good, make those. If you'd rather eat chili peppers fresh from the jar, go for it. Some days I just want to play one or two campaigns in a tactical RPG, while occasionally I go on an all-night shooter game binge.

If I had a Jynx think of the things we can do together. She also kisses alot.
    Not to mention her breast plates is obviously hiding something nice
    The of Jynx as a XXX doll pokemon. -Rugal Sizzler

┏┫∵┣┛My Collection┏┫∵┣┛

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a problem where whenever I want to play something, it's either a game I've beaten before, or a game I don't yet own. I have to force myself to stick a new game in and play it for more than a few minutes, but more often then not after that point I'll be hooked and plow through it over the next few days. This is happening right now with JSRF.

The thing is, when I want a game enough, when I finally get it, it's like I'm afraid to put it in the system and play it. It's like this mythical experience that I don't want to waste. Then it ends up on the shelf and I forget about it for six months. I've got games like Trauma Center, Mercenaries, Shadow of the Colossus sitting there unplayed because I haven't wanted to sit down and dig into them even though I know I'll like them. These are all games I either pre-ordered or drove all over tracking down. And then all I want to do is play SAC or Sonic 3 again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    This is my dilemna EVERY SINGLE weekend. Modern games? Classic games? Actually try to finish something? I struggle with this man...I feel your pain. But, isn't this the ultimate sign we own too many games??
    I am having same dilemma myself. Sometimes I spend too much time looking at games to play rather than PLAYING them

Right now it seems I don't have time for anything and have been pretty much playing shooties. Good quick challenging game play for good times right now. I am on tate kick right now so that helps with selection.

I am really trying to cutback on buying games and trying to just play what I have. So far not so good. I got 2 games in mail and one on reserve at TRU tomorrow!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I looked at my "unplayed" stack today. A lot of great stuff on it. Psychonauts, Final Fantasy III (DS), Portrait of Ruin, Super Paper Mario....A lot of hours of good stuf here....

but in the end I still went out and bought the new Pokemon game, I just could not resist the pull of it for some reason. And I know that the new Forza is just on the horizon, along with Odin's Sphere, all things I am really pumped up for. But, I just had to have Pokemon, its like crack.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Celestial Avenger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you play Psychonauts, I'll give you a cookie.

You're missing out on so, so much.

Anyway, I have tons and tons of unfinished games and always find myself stuck on what to play. I've bought a Wii, but find myself wanting to go back to my PS2. I've settled on Ar Tonelico for now, depsite being only a slightly above average game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I almost never had that problem. And when I do, it's easily narrowed down to two games. And if I still can't decide, I flip a coin.

Usually, though, it depends largely on my mood.
    Gimmie a game, I'll either love it, or pimp-smack it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i cant stop this problem. i have so many games to choose from and cant decide. i just feel like going out and buying a game to play.

someone needs to make a program to where you type what games you have and it randomly chooses one for you. haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

I don't really have the problem of "What to play", I more have the problem of stopping myself from playing online and actually getting round to finishing single player.

Seriously, Online gaming is a bitch in many respects. For example, every time I load up Burnout Revenge on 360 with the intention of getting further in the campaign for achievements, the urge to smash up other players online is just far too strong for me to ignore.

It's the same with many games. I just completed Splinter Cell DA yesterday after owning the game for 6 months because every time I play it I end up going online.

I'm kinda glad that Xbox Live has to go down for maintenance every once in a while, or I'd never finish half of my games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been struggling with this problem for awhile. I'm getting out of Wow finally and so I'm starting to get back into my consoles. What I hadnt realized is that while I was still buying games, I was playing almost none of them, and I now have a backlog of at least 600ish games.

So I made a list of the top 20 I wanted to play. I was all pumped to crank out the games on this list, and then I wasn't in the mood to play the first game (which I had prioritized) so I ended up sitting in front of my computer rather than playing any game. Was going to post here to ask for help in picking a game. So i went to click the IE icon and out of habit clicked the WoW icon. Was logged in and killing things before I realized what I had done. Damn that game is addictive.