Thread: Which Game To Play? Indecision.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which Game To Play? Indecision.

Ever go to your Wall of Games, to look for a game to play, but just end up looking at your game collection for 20 minutes instead? When I've got time to burn, and I decide that I'll waste some time playing games, sometimes I end up not playing anything at all.

It's like I stand in front of my games, looking them over, thinking about which system do I want to play games on, then which games fit my mood at the current time. Before you know it, 15 minutes have passed by, and I'm looking at game descriptions on the backs of the boxes, or looking over old game catalogs, reading old manuals, or sometimes, I'll just end up rearranging the games in my bookcases!

It's gotten worse over the years too, the more games I have to choose from, the more choices I can't make. But, I always seem to redeem myself, as I played Rush:2049 on my N64 for 9 hours straight two Sundays ago. I don't know what this indecision stems from, as I have the same problem sometimes when I'm trying to decide which DVD I want to watch from my somewhat large DVD collection. Information Overload perhaps.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ALL THE TIME

Whenever I go looking for another game, I end up just sorting things, moving things, checking boxes out, and reminiscing over games. I'm almost afraid to go over there sometimes.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

It happens to me all the time..

After I spend an hour looking and rearranging things..and after finding things I forgot I had...I get frustrated and go out and buy something new..,Or plan too.

Even though I do play a lot of the games I have several times..I'm always on that hunt for something new..even if it's an older system game that I don't have..
    Video game collecting/playing has become a real addiction.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

It makes sense to me - the more you have, the more you have to decide upon. If you owned only one game, NO decision. If you own two, quick decision. If you own 1000.... COMPLICATED decision.

I don't know if this will "help" because I don't see this condition as a problem, but one of the things I do is keep a small pile of "ready to play" games near my console area and separated from the bulk of the collection. When I tire of one of those games, I put it back into the collection. A game gets IN that pile when it's either a) new; or b) something I had a sudden urge to play, usually brought on by reading a post at this forum. Like Rush: 2049.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    I don't know if this will "help" because I don't see this condition as a problem, but one of the things I do is keep a small pile of "ready to play" games near my console area and separated from the bulk of the collection. When I tire of one of those games, I put it back into the collection. A game gets IN that pile when it's either a) new; or b) something I had a sudden urge to play, usually brought on by reading a post at this forum. Like Rush: 2049.
    Yes. This is my system as well. I've typically got about two to four games pulled for each system, which narrows things down considerably.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I definitely know what you mean. While I only have a very small collection of games, most all of them are RPG's... half of which I haven't played through yet. After I started reading these forums it reminded me to not let some of the great RPG's of times past slip by (PSX and SNES mainly). I'll go over to my shelf and look at chrono trigger or FF2 and how much I remember playing them when I was in middle school, or how much fun the Lunar remake was for PSX.

I've done something that really needed to be done though. Since I have so many games I haven't even touched that I really want to play, I'll only be into one or 2 games at a time. Right now I'm near the end of Final Fantasy 5 and a little bit into Wind Waker. I won't start any other games until I finish those two... and probably wont touch Wind Waker until I finish FF5, regardless of how many kickass RPG's I buy before I beat FF5.

And Speaking of that, I need to make a post when I get back from the weekend so you all can remind me what I need to find. After looking around ebay I realized there are a ton of games I always wanted to play but never got a chance to.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Which Game To Play? Indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstarhero
    It's gotten worse over the years too, the more games I have to choose from, the more choices I can't make. But, I always seem to redeem myself, as I played Rush:2049 on my N64 for 9 hours straight two Sundays ago. I don't know what this indecision stems from, as I have the same problem sometimes when I'm trying to decide which DVD I want to watch from my somewhat large DVD collection. Information Overload perhaps.
    ...And sometimes I just stand in front of the mirror and think about how FABULOUS I am rather than do any of those things.

Geesh, man, get a room!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Which Game To Play? Indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunstarhero
    ...And sometimes I just stand in front of the mirror and think about how FABULOUS I am rather than do any of those things.

Geesh, man, get a room!
    Oh give me a break, I'm certainly not grandstanding, as my collection is puny compared to the extravagant collections I've seen in DP Gamerooms. You seem to be the only person who took my remarks out of context. Maybe you need some reading comprehension classes.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Yo Gunstar.

I'm QUITE SURE he's joking. After all, HE is the one who stands in front of a mirror and worships himself instead of the collection. And the "get a room" comment is typically directed at a couple... this time it's you and your collection - there I think he's just poking fun at ya.

I think I read the forums too much! It's scary when I actually get the drift of just about every post from just about every member, but there you have it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, I have trouble figuring out which game to throw in, especially when it comes time to do the weekly Classics column. But then I go outside and see something f'n stoopid, like that frat boy band trying to play rock-n-roll. That just makes me run home, grab the guitar, and throw down a few versus of the MC5 and the Misfits.

Stop trying to play Smashing Pumpkins, you morons! "Green Hell!" "Kick Out the Jams," you sponges!!

Later, I'll just toss in a couple rounds of Kelly Slater on GBA (yeah, I've advertised that one a hundred times already).
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!